We install wood bulkheads throughout Texas and Louisiana using the best materials available and proven design and construction methods.
Wooden bulkheads are the most inexpensive bulkhead or retaining wall option available from a first-cost perspective. They are effective,and give your waterfront a comfortable, natural look. Because of this natural look, wooden bulkheads are great for blending around other structures such as existing bulkheads, piers, boathouses, and boat slips.
Wood Bulkhead Builders in Texas & Louisiana
No wood bulkhead project is too big or too small. Call us about your project and we'll discuss the best design and material options based on your soil type, water type, water depth, typical use, and several other factors.
Wood Bulkhead Materials
Our wood bulkhead typically include the following materials, although other components or alternative designs may be used in cases of extreme wave action, high boat activity, unique soil conditions, or other extenuating conditions:
- Wooden Pilings
- Filter Cloth (Placed behind the bulkhead to keep the soil from being washed out)
- "Deadmen" (Treated wood posts or timbers buried land-side behind the bulkhead to support the wall)
- Tie Rods w/ Nuts & Washers (Used to connect the deadmen to the bulkhead)
- Front Wale (A timber on the water side of the bulkhead that keeps it straight)
- Back Board, or Back Wale (Treated timber on the back side of the bulkhead with a similar purpose to the front wale)
- Hardware (screws, lag screws, bolts, nuts, & washers)
- Top Cap (An optional but recommended piece of treated lumber that improves the aesthetics of your bulkhead and provides a nice place to sit.)
Ready to get started on your project?
Talk to a project consultant today.
Call (800) 951-1772 or submit an inquiry.